Sunday, July 8, 2007

Food for thought


That would be the title of the post, IF I could actually add a title to it.... Not certain why the last two days I've not been able to. hmmmmm Might have to contact the blogmaster.

Anyway..... Do you think about food a lot? We do. We hardly get done eating one meal before I start thinking and planning the next.

And big meals. No canned soup and bologna sandwich for us. Well, I wouldn't mind once in awhile, but my hubby is still very much in love with the idea of a BIG dinner. On a hot, summer day, I would much prefer a sandwich made with Wonder white bread AND Oscar Meyer Olive Loaf. Yes, honestly! Thank goodness we don't have many hot, summer days!

Not only are my meals large quantities, but always plenty of choices to choose from in case you're a picky eater. Yes, I always seem to cook enough for an army. So if you're ever in the area, you know where you can go for a free meal!

This was our dinner the other night.
Just a small fruit salad.....
and an even smaller macaroni salad....
and baked chicken.

The picture of the chicken is a little blurry. Sorry.This baked chicken has become a favorite of ours.

Here's the recipe:


Thaw however many chicken wingettes/drumettes you want. We buy by the bulk from Costco because they're so good, we eat LOTS! Arrange in a single layer in a cake pan or cookie sheet that has a side to it. Drizzle just a tad olive oil over them and season with salt and pepper. With your hands, mix it together. Bake in a 400 oven for about an hour (or more) or until crispy and brown. You can turn them half way too if you want.



These are so good, you won't be able to eat just one!

3 comments:

Candid.Answers said...

"Tender, celebratory, joyous, painful, heart-breaking at times-- I found myself thinking about ways of communication." -Sara

http://www.lulu.com/content/608930

Connie said...

You are making me so hungry with those pictures of your yummy food! I am heading to the kitchen to find some lunch. :-)
BTW, I too had some trouble with my post title yesterday, but it seems to have come out okay.

tracy @mamacreates said...

nothing beats mama's cookin'!

and I can't add titles today.