Wednesday, June 6, 2007

i've lost my marbles!

No, not really! Just wanted to share a photo of my marbles with you! Don't you love marbles? They're so bright and just the sight of them can cheer you on any dreary day. I don't recall where these came from but suspect some are quite old.



Do kids even play with marbles anymore....?

In the "good ol days... " we played with marbles, pick up sticks, lots of board games. We didn't have a lot of store-bought toys. We rode our bikes almost everywhere, or walked. We read a lot, maybe they were just comic books, but we were reading. We didn't sit in front of the tv all day nor did we play games that alienated us from our family.

But what goes around, comes around. Look at this old skateboard! This was mine when I was a kid; from the 60's. I set this cute candle-in-a-teacup on top just so you could get an idea of how small it is!






I worked outside for a few hours this morning but the bugs are so bad this year that it makes it so not enjoyable. The mosquitoes are HUGE and the no-see-ems.... rightly named because they're so small you don't see them... you just feel their bite....well, the no-see-ems are out in force. Now I'm waiting for a rhubarb crisp to come out of the oven.... It's smelling really good! If you like rhubarb desserts, you'll love this recipe!

Bon Apetit!

3 comments:

Retroboutiques said...

You might wanna check some of those marbles on ebay, some go for big $$!

Unknown said...

ooo my i cant believe that. well you know i guess in a way i can i have met quite a few groovy folks over the years with the same date and my sister and i share it. she was born on my second bday. woohoo go us

Anonymous said...

I love,love,love rhubarb anything, especially crisp. My mouth is watering just at the thought!

Manuela