Friday, May 4, 2007

brown friday

Looking around my home, most of my favorite things are brown or framed in brown, or its brown furniture, or brown tones of something or other. I never realized how non-vibrant my house was before! Hopefully the cute little items from Splendid Designs will bring a little color into my life. I can hardly wait to get them!

Take this nest. It is a real bird's nest that my husband found down south when he was working and house sitting. I love bird nests and have several real ones laying about the house. They work so well for holidays like Easter and Thanksgiving as well. They're perfect as a simple nest or with some tiny bird or eggs set inside. I particularly love Jeanetta's Live Love Laugh eggs in her nests and may have to consider doing something like that, just to add a little color.

And this vintage cheese container. I think it's an old cheese container. It's another memory of my parents. My mom had it in the dining room for as long as I can remember. The wood lid comes off and inside is an amber color glass jar. It has copper trim around the top and bottom. Don't tell anyone, but when I was young, this is where I hid my money....


This is an old garden plow that belonged to my ex-husband's great uncle, Stan Price. He lived at Pack Creek on Admiralty Island here in Alaska and was known as the Bear Man of Pack Creek because he lived peaceably with the brown bears. This is one of my favorite treasures and makes perfect yard art.

These are just a few of my favorite "brown" treasures. I hope you enjoyed looking at them.

No comments: