Saturday, April 14, 2007

easter past

I know Easter is over but I feel cheated.... I had so many cute decorations that I didn't get an opportunity to share with you. So if you'll just give me a minute, and give me a chance to share just a couple of my favorites.

Decorated Eggs: Here's one of my favorite decorated eggs. Isn't it precious?! In all fairness, the eggs were quite old.... as I had dyed and blown them out years and years ago; I just never finished decorating them. So a trip to our local Joann's and $33 later.... I had enough ribbon and sewing notions to decorate a hundred eggs.... never mind I only had eight to do! But it's such a simple and fun project that maybe next year I'll invite my daughter (Tracy) and my son's fiance (Michelle) to help. While "down south" recently, I found a book at Williams Sonoma on decorating eggs. Beading eggs will be next....

Sugar Cookies: And these are some of the 200 cookies we decorated the day before Easter (Tracy, Michelle, and I). Making decorated sugar cookies is an annual Christmas event with Tracy and I, but this year we invited Michelle and it was just that much more fun. I made the dough and baked the cookies the day before so we could get right down to business. Five hours later.... we were tired but so happy with the way they turned out. Aren't the carrots just the cutest? ;)

Easter is one of my favorite seasons, as it's so easy to do "homemade."

Tomorrow I look forward to sharing some of my other craft projects with you.... but now I really must get dressed and head to the first garage sales of the season! Wish me luck on some good finds!

Have a sunshiny day!

No comments: