- I'm really not copying Joey's list, but could.... I, too, normally let my husband get up first to make coffee (also Starbucks but we prefer Christmas Blend this time of year). I stretch my legs out, taking up as much of the bed as I can, then fall back asleep for 15 minutes until I hear the beep of brewed coffee. Ahhhh, life can be so good!
- I hate standing in lines. But if I must, there better be a National Enquirer magazine near by to ridicule. Mind you, I would never, ever, think (or admit to) of actually buying one of these periodicals.... except when I travel. Then I'll buy one for quick entertainment and easy reading. Otherwise I'm embarrassed to be associated with them in any form. My mom, however, bought it every single week. Go figure.
- I'm more than squeamish at the sight of blood. My kids grew up knowing they better never hurt themselves to the point of drawing blood because..... chances weren't good that they would get medical attention. Okay, so that's not entirely true, but blood does make me practically pass out. Even when I go to the doctor's office and have blood work done, I wiggle and jiggle and hum songs; anything to take my mind off what's happening to my arm.
- When I was little, I used to hide cookies and candy under my bed. I'd like to say I outgrew that trait, but sadly I didn't. I still hide candy although in my defense, my children know where I keep it and help themselves. What they don't know is where I keep the GOOD stuff! ;)
- I love to fish and I love to eat fish, but I can't stand to see them killed. You will always find me looking the other way and otherwise occupying my mind with thoughts and noises when this happens.
- One of my favorite past times is walking the rocky beaches, looking for fishing lures that have gotten snagged and broken from the line. The thrill of finding one is almost as good as catching the fish!
- My glasses are trifocals. And I hate them. I will always hate them.
- I love to sing. Even when I don't know the words. I'm not a good singer; I do not have a good voice. But I love to sing. It makes me feel good.
If you're interested in other random things about myself, you can visit a previous blog where I shared some scary things about myself. As far as tagging eight other bloggers.... I suspect most people have been tagged many times over so if you don't want to participate, that's fine. And if I didn't tag you and you want to participate, consider yourself tagged!
Time With Shelby
My Cozy Home
So there you have it! Happy Thanksgiving!