Friday, July 27, 2007

new and improved doors

Ta da! It didn't take much to make this old bathroom cupboard door into something new and improved.... two handles from Home Depot.... $2.49 each! Don't you just love it!

My husband even thought they turned out good and agreed to model them. That look on his face? It's visions of a nice, juicy steak sitting there!

We're going next door for dinner tonight.... at the same place I got these FOR FREE, and I'm going to carry dessert over on it :) A chocolate chip/zuchini cake. Yummy!

I was in a Fall mood yesterday and did some baking. I love anything made with zuchini, especially zuchini bread. This was made with applesauce in place of the oil though.

Zuchini Bread

In a bowl, mix:
3 eggs, well beaten
Add 2 cup sugar
Beat well.
Add 1 cup oil OR 1 cup applesauce
Beat
Add 2 cup grated zuchini
Add:
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
2-1/2 cup flour
3 tsp vanilla
Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes for mini loaves or 1 hour 10 minutes for a regular size loaf pan.

From comments: Julie--thank you for visiting my blog! I love your comments and glad someone got a good laugh out of my FREE doors! Will be visiting your blog too.
Manuela, Jeru, Julie, and Cindy: Thanks for the ideas on my chandelier! I'm tempted to try the votives but will probably go with crystals. Yes, I was planning on keeping it outside.... although it might look cute in my bedroom....

1 comment:

Julie said...

OM gosh - that bread looks so good it made my mouth water!...and Cheers on the new trays. They look great too.