Monday, July 30, 2007

cupcakes and clothes pins

I wanted to show you some of the cutest finds I recently purchased from the Firefly Farm. Aren't these pincushions so precious? When I first saw the vintage bark cloth pincushion on Debra Andriulli's blog, Homespun Living, I instantly fell in love with it (the one on the right). But they were sold out.... So I emailed her with my interest in owning one and now I do! It's made from a vintage bark cloth curtain panel and cost $13.

When I visited her on-line store, I saw the blue toile pincushion and knew I had to have that one as well. Isn't it the cutest pattern? Thatched cottages, bridges, river, and waterwheels are pictured on this vintage toile and it, too, sells for $13. They're both about 8" tall. Lovely.


Now, keep in mind that I don't sew.... so why do I need pincushions you ask?! There are so many creative people "out there" making pincushions and I just can't help but fall in love with them. I gave my daughter, Tracy, the blue toile pincushion because I thought it would look lovely in her new craft room.
I've also purchased a few of these adorable crocheted cupcakes from Splendid Designs Etsy shop. They're just so cute in real life. I have them sitting in my cake holder with dome lid..... so you know they aren't going to be used for their original purpose! They sell for $10.50.

I also saw this clothes pin bag at Firefly Farm and knew I had to have it too..... Never mind that I don't have a clothes line.... The pattern is so cheery and inviting. It's just too darling and I'll find some use for it. Who knows, I might just put clothes pins in it for looks! It sold for $18.

I love collecting things and these pincushions are just perfect.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I thought those pincushions looked familiar! She really has wonderful things especially those clothes pin bags.

Thank you for stopping by my blog and although I will probably never post a picture of myself (LOL), I hope to see you there again.

Manuela