Wednesday, June 27, 2007

sedona

We just returned from our vacation to sunny Sedona, Arizona.... where the temperature was in the 100s every day! Yes! And, no, I don't know what we were thinking when we made our reservations for the middle of summer other than we were sick and tired of winter. Every day we would ask a "local" how hot it was and we always got the same answer: "well, it's 116 in Phoenix today and we're always 10 degrees cooler." So I guess our hottest day was 106....

If you haven't been to Sedona, go! Hurry! Make your reservations today! It is THE most incredible country. It was simply breathtaking. This was our first glimpse of red rock country. Gorgeous. Simply incredible. And these formations are everywhere. You can hike to them but we didn't; not this trip. Maybe never.... They have snakes there.... and lizards.... and tarantulas.... I don't do snakes. I have a serious fear of them. So we looked from afar and that was good enough.

I didn't take many pictures, as knew my digital camera simply would not do it justice. The scenery is forever etched into our brain though and when we left, we left a piece of us there. Would we go back? Most definitely! But not in the summer :O

While in Sedona, we stayed at A Sunset Chateau B&B. It was a comfortable place; cozy; homey. The owners delightful and their son served the best breakfast every morning. They had pillows thrown everywhere and fake flowers and lots of color and murals painted on the walls. The gardens needed weeding and there were birds everywhere. My kind of place! I loved the southwestern flavor with all the bright, cheery colors.

We had a great time in Sedona, but a week was almost too long. As on any trip, I start getting antsy and was ready to move on after four or five days. So we're home again. The suitcases are unpacked, the laundry done, and the fridge filled with fresh fruit and vegies once again. It's not 106 outside and I don't need to constantly be knocking little red ants off my legs. It's good to be home.

No comments: